Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites- the perfect vegan treat this Valentines Day
Recipe from One Green Planet
These sweet, creamy strawberry cheesecake bites enveloped in a dark chocolate shell will have you swooning. Not only do these little bites taste amazing, but they look great and are ideal as a valentine’s gift!
- ¾ cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least four hours
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- Free dried strawberries to decorate
- Add the cashews, coconut oil, strawberries, maple syrup, and vanilla to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If it's not pink enough, add a couple more strawberries. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Line a tin with parchment. Pour the cheesecake into the tin. Cover with some more parchment paper and place in freezer. Freeze until completely solid. Once completely frozen, remove from tin, and cut into 32 squares.
- Place back in the freezer on a parchment line baking tray as you melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or over a basin.
- Place the melted chocolate in a bowl and have your freeze-dried strawberries crushed and ready.
- Remove the cheesecake bites from the freezer. One by one dunk into the chocolate until they are completely coated, place on baking tray, and sprinkle with freeze dried strawberries. Repeat with the rest of your bites. Place back in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- Let thaw for a few minutes before enjoying.