9 Amazing Facts About Pineapples
We know that pineapples are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients but there is still so much to learn about the king of fruits!
1) It takes almost 3 years for a single pineapple to reach maturation.
2) Pineapples are rich in the enzyme, bromelain, which has been shown to be an effective anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, and digestive aid.
3) Growing a pineapple is easier than you may have originally thought. You can grow one simply by twisting the crown off a store bought pineapple and allow it to dry for about 2 days and then planting it.
4) A pineapple isn’t just one fruit, it is actually multiple flowers whose fruitlets have joined around the core.
5) An unripe pineapple getting you down? Have no fear! You can speed up the ripening of a pineapple, by standing the pineapple upside down, and thus, turning your frown right-side up!
6) Fending off a cold? Pineapple is the perfect remedy! It contains half of the daily-recommended value of vitamin C.
7) It also contains nearly 75 percent of the daily-recommended value of the mineral manganese, which is essential in developing strong bones and connective tissue.
8) Pineapple juice has been known to cure morning sickness.
9) Aside from its skin, the whole pineapple is edible, even its core! It may not be as delicious, but it’s just as nutritious! In fact, the core contains the most concentrated amounts of bromelain.